With Christmas presents filling the shelves, festive decorations adorning the shops and December within touching distance, the festive celebrations are once again upon us. So, with less than a month until Christmas week, how do we begin to prepare ourselves to look our sparklingly, beautiful best for the all-important festive party season?
Dust off your glittery party top, dig out those killer heels and read on! The festive season is, after all, all about adding a touch of glamour and luxury to your everyday look. We will show you how!
Of course, for any gal to look their very best, preparations need to be laid down in advance. Deep cleanse your beauty regime now for clear and blemish free skin come Christmas Day. Follow these steps religiously over the next three and a bit weeks and prepare your skin ahead of the inevitable party season excesses. Invest a little added time now into caring and nourishing for your skin inside and out and your complexion will take on an inner glow:
- Aim to drink a minimum of eight glasses of water every day. If, like me, you struggle to drink plain water (there really is no taste is there!), try adding a slice of lemon or lime for flavour. Having some of your quota as a drink of hot lemon first thing in the morning will have the added benefit of kick starting your metabolism. Setting you up for the day ahead and giving your fat burning activities an added boost! BONUS!
- Challenge yourself to overhaul your diet for the next few weeks in preparation for the inevitable intake of all that calorie laden party food and wine. Simplify your eating regime and your body will thank you for it – go clean for lean. Focus on natural food sources for your three meals a day, favouring lean protein sources such as grilled chicken and fish, green vegetables and cut back on processed foods, unnecessary fat laden sauces, added sugar and sweet treats. Challenge yourself to have alcohol free days, and limit your intake at the weekend to one or two. Beers, wines and spirits can be laden with empty calories. Cutting back in this area can really focus weight loss efforts and help you to look a knock out in that figure hugging festive party dress.
- Sign up for an additional exercise class as the countdown begins. In our busy lifestyles, we know it’s often difficult – but try to sign up for one more additional exercise class to boost your fitness levels and tone up ahead of the big day. High intensity fat burning classes such as HIIT are certainly hardcore and not for the fainthearted; but have the advantage that, with many only being 30 minutes long, they can be easily fitted into a busy working schedule whilst burning tons of calories into the bargain to boot. Tag on a quick burst of ab crunches to the end of your workout to fire up that all-important core.
- Now we have your inner health boxed off, it’s time to turn attention to your external beauty regime. Start today and treat yourself once or twice a week using a gentle, cleansing facial mask to deal with any impurities and deep cleanse the skin. Get into a daily habit of cleanse, tone and moisturizing your face and neck. Choose a facial cream suitable for both your skin type and age. A daily night cream will optimize your skin care routine while you sleep; helping to increase the suppleness and elasticity of your skin, contributing to that sought after glow. For an effective and hard-working night cream on a budget, we like Aldi’s Anti-Wrinkle Q10 Renew Night Cream from their award-winning Lacura range.
- Remember to book in for those last-minute beauty treatments now – hair, nail and makeup salon appointments for the festive period traditionally get booked up many weeks in advance, so be prepared and book ahead. If you are thinking of having a hairstyle change ahead of Christmas book in for an extra appointment now to give yourself sufficient time to get used to the new style and how to style it to your liking; especially if you are thinking of opting for a drastic chop. There is nothing worse than having your hair cut in a new style Christmas Eve, looking smoking hot Christmas Day, only to wake up on Boxing Day looking like a slapped wet fish ….with not a first clue how to tame the madness you see before you.
- If you are planning to brave the cold weather and bare your legs in that gorgeous dress, make sure your legs are pin-worthy ready first. Stock up on your favourite self-tanning lotion and home wax kit or leave it to the professionals and book in with the team at Vermont to get professional, silky results that last through the festive party season. For home based cold wax kits, we like Veet Ready-to-use Wax Strip Kit. Mess free, simply warm the strips between your hands before use.
- For hassle-free festive nails that last throughout the party season, shellac or gel nail finishes are a must. Popular shellac polish colours for gorgeously festive nails include berry red or metallic silver or gold. A touch of sparkle with added glitter to nail tips or base gives you the party feel. If you are undecided about your choice of festive outfit, a jet black gloss or matte nail is a great choice and will match any style of attire and make up finish.
- Of course, with it being Christmas, every gal can choose to add a touch of bling and Hollywood glamour to their party makeup look. False eyelashes are really big right now and are available to buy pretty much anywhere, from local chemists such as Boots to your high street fashion stores such as Topshop, New Look and Claire’s Accesssories. Even fashion chain Primark has got in on the act with a range of false eyelashes to choose from for the bargain price of £1, and with a choice of styles and lengths, you can choose to go understated and natural or full out sexy vixen. Highlight those gorgeous lashes with a fab metallic eyeshadow, defined by a touch of glitter dust to really make those stunning party eyes pop!
Finally, with your make-up on point, killer curves and knock-em dead dress all you need is to grab your clutch, don your sparkly earrings and book that taxi! You are good to go! Party Time!